Friday, December 5, 2008

Jump ~ Commissioned painting for Angelica Grace Designs


I was commissioned by a dear sweet friend in Indy to do this painting for her design studio. She is the owner of Angelica Grace Designs and Angie Seaman Photography. She is incredibly talented and has an amazing "style" and eye for design. We first met in an ebay design group many years ago and have kept in touch through the years. She has a heart of gold and openly shares her heart and love for the Lord and others on her blog. She has such a gift for inspiring everyone she comes in contact with. I just LOVE her!!!
Angie came up with the idea of the harlequin background with the turquoise splatters, grungy wings and cool quote and we just ran with it. I love how it turned out. It is "so" AGD.

Jump and you shall find out how to unfold your wings as you fall.
This is me holding the finished painting. This baby is massive!! Angie's vision for the grungy painted wings has inspired a new painting......I will post when it's completed. I can't wait to see it come together. Often, I will see the completed painting in my mind before I begin and just have to flow with it. Art is weird that way for me. I can't tell you how many times I've awakened with a painting in my head. I usually keep a sketch book or notebook close by for those occasions. The ideas I don't really have to over think usually end up being some of my best work.

Thank you Angie for entrusting me with your vision for the painting!! I hope you enjoy it and that it helps to inspire you as you have inspired me. Love ya' sista'!!!

2 comments:

Angie Seaman said...

Hey sweet girl...I just now realized that this post was here. You are just the best. I mean that. You are so incredibly talented and such a genuine spirit thru and thru. I am so thankful that God had us cross paths all those years ago. Thank goodness something good came from design groups on eBay, eh? Ha ha! Anyhow, you know how much I love this painting. I just keep walking into my studio and can't help but stare at it. I'm really taken by it. Everyone that has come to our house it the past few days since receiving it, compliments up a storm on it when I show them. Plain and simply put...YOU JUST ROCK GUR-FREN!

Thanks for everything. Oh and PS...you must keep this design my special baby. Hee hee! No knock off replica's to my custom creation, right sista'? :)

I love ya, Ang

Sherri James said...

Hey girl, yes those ebay groups are good for something huh?!! I steer as far away from them as possible nowadays..haha. The Lord does work in mysterious ways...even through design groups.ha.

I'm SO glad you love your painting. It is very much "you." I hope that it brings you much joy and inspiration!!

This one is yours..all yours sista'!!

Talk to ya' soon...much love, Sherri