Monday, August 11, 2008

My Dining Room Makeover on a Budget

I've wanted to do a room in this color combo for quite some time and finally did it! I painted my dining room table and chairs and vintage desk in gloss black. The mirror, cabinet and large wall frame are all thrift store finds that I've transformed with paint. The curtains I made myself with $2/yard fabric from clearance at Wal-mart. The dishes are from Target and the wall color is Palm Grove from Walmart. I would love your ideas for what to place in the large wall frame!! I posted my pictures on Rate My Space earlier today and the response has been amazing. If you've never been to RMS before you have to check it out. It is a mecca of inspiration! Here is the link....http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/snc/Main.aspx?&pguid=6db6be3f-1720-4ba3-a081-999042c09b6bMy Mom picked up this set of dishes for me from Target. I love them! I love anything in a damask style print.
This corner of the dining room houses Reed's computer area. I can keep an eye on him here and help him with his homework. It's much better than him being stuck in his bedroom. The mirror is another thrift store find that I paid $2 for and painted it black and added the white polka dots for a whimsical touch.

This cabinet is also a thrift store find that I already had and my Mom came up with the idea of painting the shelves black for contrast and to tie in the black on that side of the room. Of course, its a work in progress and I'm constantly changing things around so it could possibly look different tomorrow. I've also redone my living room and will post those pictures soon. My biggest challenge is yet to come...my 10 year old son's room. He is at that stage where he is out of the "kiddie" style but not quite grown enough for more teenager-y styles. He wants a video game theme so we will see how it goes and what I can dream up.

No comments: