Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fireproof Your Marriage

I really feel led to share this with you guys and I just can't seem to get away from posting about this. Our church is doing the Fireproof Your Marriage seminar. We are into the second week of the 6 week series. This is an incredible marriage strenthening tool and I've read so many reviews where people are saying this has literally saved their marriage. Using video clips, scripture and open group discussion this study allows a non-judgemental setting to understand each other and the issues you are dealing with............or choosing to NOT deal with. Denial is not a solution.

I'm just gonna be real with you here.....with Steve and I we have seemed to always struggle with communication. I think if we are honest with ourselves we will recognize that communication is an issue for most all of us. It is one of the single most important qualities within the marriage. It's so easy to misunderstand or assume what our spouse is thinking or feeling or what they are "really" saying to us. Through Fireproof Your Marriage and Love Dare, we have been able to communicate on a whole new level.

If you are struggling with issues within your marriage, have a wonderful marriage or even on the brink of divorce, I so strongly urge you to get Fireproof Your Marriage. It will literally change the way you view your marriage. My husband made a profound statement in our group discussion last night......he said often we search for an EXIT rather than a SOLUTION. How true that statement is.

Get the study or recommend it to your church as a couples seminar. When marriages are strengthened, the church body as a whole is stregthened as well.

I would love to hear from those of you who have done this study as well. Comment me!

In Christ, Sherri

3 comments:

philben5 said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! We took some friends to the movie when it came out and I have many times thought I wish I had that book! I had now clue there was a study. I will be looking into this for our church/young adults ministries!
Blessings
Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a visit. I haven't seen the movie yet, but am anxiously awaiting the DVD release. I have heard that it is so good. This sounds like a great marriage series to do in a Bible class.
We are big Titan's fans as well. Last Saturday was quite disappointing around here. I love your artwork. It's so much fun!
Hope that you are having a great weekend!
Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

oh that is so awsome your church is doing that. ours is too!
i am so glad they made that movie and are making the marriage seminar packages!