Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Art Quote of the Week, Favorite Paintings & Art Finds

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
~Andre Gide (1869-1951)

I love the above quote so much. I recognize that the more I let God lead me the better EVERYTHING is whether it's my artwork or just my life in general. I had this lightbulb moment and thought I would start a new weekly or bi-weekly post featuring an art quote that stands out to me and some favorite art pieces and links to the artists as well. Something fun for me and hopefully you guys will enjoy it too :-)

The painting below is from an artist that I've admired for quite some time. She loves Jesus and isn't afraid to tell you so. She has such a soulful artistic style that is unique and inspiring. She truly has a God given gift in her ability to convey her heart through her work. I've bid on several of her pieces on ebay in the past and haven't yet been fortunate enough to acquire one of her paintings.....someday. She is Jane DesRosier of Gritty Arts Studio up in Washington State.
Jane's ebay listings can be found HERE and her blog featuring her new art is HERE.

I also recently discovered these awesome designs by Lisa Leonard Designs..her jewelry designs are simple yet such statement makers. I have my eye on a couple of pieces for myself. Here are pictures of a few of my favorites....
You can find Lisa's website HERE.
Another recent find is Du Buh Du Designs by Christine Alvarado of Oregon. I love, love, love her art dolls. They are nothing short of amazing, life-like and exude such a cool style. Visit her blog HERE and her Etsy shop HERE.


Enjoy the rest of your Monday and Be blessed! ~Sherri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the mention Sherri!! Hope all is going well in Tennessee :)