Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas is in the Air at Charlene's in Halls, TN

I hope that you all had a happy and blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends. We had a great time with the James gang in Lexington on Thursday. We have Thanksgiving with my side of the family tomorrow so we aren't done with turkey just yet. It's always great to spend time with your family and recall holiday memories from the past and make new ones as well.

My parents, Reed and I being the adventurous souls that we are, headed out early Friday morning for the earlybird Black Friday sales. We managed to avoid the crazy opening crowds by waiting until 7:30 to hit the stores. It's just too crazy for us at 4 or 5 am. It actually wasn't too bad. We left with what we came for and finished up our shopping lists...woohoo! The game plan now is to simply enjoy the season without all of the stress and rush. I can't wait to get my niece and nephew together with Reed to bake Christmas cookies, attend the Masquerade Theatre production of It's a Wonderful Life, attend local parades, be a part of the Christmas pageant at church, hopefully see the Rockettes Christmas in Nashville, attend Christmas parties, spend time with family and friends and last but certainly not least, reflect on the real reason for Christmas.........Jesus. We are so blessed, so blessed...thank you Lord Jesus.

On Wednesday, we took Reed to Memphis for his bi-annual checkup with his neurologist. We stopped at Charlene's Colony of Shops in Halls, TN on the way. In typical Charlene's style, it was nothing short of fabulous decked out in their Christmas best.

Christmas shoppers in Charlene's.
Charlene's is decked out in Christmas from floor to ceiling!

I loved this blue and brown themed room! I think I could have stayed here all day.


Yummy blue and brown.....love the vintage feel while showcasing a trendy color combination.

Stunning Christmas viginettes awaited around every turn......like a Christmas fantasy land.
Christmas goodies tucked away in every corner, nook and cranny. I could have spent hours here and still not seen everything.

My son Reed and my Mom checking out the ornaments at Charlene's.

I loved this mantel display. Now, I'm just wishing I had the the pieces to recreate the look on my own mantel...hehe.

We are so silly...I took this picture of the 3 of us as a reflection in a beautifully bedecked mirror.

I loved the feel of this room as well. Every room featured a unique theme in it's decor.
Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend!!! Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Hi! I love your designs! You have a incredible talent!

I saw the ''wings'' design you did for Angie! It's fantasti!

Are you going to post it on your blog?
Do you have a website where we can purchase art?