Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Friday!

Where has this week gone? It has just flown by for us for some reason. The weekend is here so I can't complain. I have to share my newest creation. I've been itching to try this technique since last year and finally dove in. Let me know what you think of my first mixed media collage painting. I have to thank Deborah Strickland for inspiration. I love her collage art and just won a painting of hers on ebay. She is quite a talented lady. You can see her blog here: http://twentyfourcarrotsart.blogspot.com/ She is also a fellow Tennessee artist!!


This is my first attempt.....please be kind :-)




I used a variety of mediums including acrylics, paper, markers and oil pastels on an 11x14 gallery wrapped canvas. I also antique washed the painting for a more primitive look. I had a blast creating this design! I will be listing this on ebay and will post the link asap.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and until next time....have a blessed Friday!



No comments: