Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trunk-R-Treat 2008 at The Gathering Place Church

To say we had a blast is an understatement!!! Trunk-R-Treat 2008 at TGP was great. This was our second year to host this event and we had people show up in record numbers. This year everyone chose their own trunk theme and we had everything from David and Goliath to Disney. Steve, Reed and I chose to rock it 80s style which was so much fun since it's from "our time." We got a #1 ribbon for "Best Walk Down Memory Lane." What a hoot.

The Martin's did High School Musical. Gail you look like such a teenager in this picture!!
Setting up for the event. Everyone was rushing around getting ready in anticipation of a huge crowd.

Amber and her Under the Big Top theme. She gave animal crackers as her treat. WAY COOL!


Oh my word! I was blown away by the creativity of this group. Their theme was "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin" complete with Snoopy's dog house with Snoopy on top.
Kara and Sara did an awesome job on their paper mache Sally and Lucy heads. Love them!
Little Gabe was awesome as Charlie Brown. Ann is such a proud grandmother!!

Our pastors and their kiddos chose a Disney theme. We all know how they LOVE Disney World.

Zack and Josh rocked it with a Tailgate Party theme. Most of the guys hung out here and played their Madden football game all night.

Loved the Christmas theme.........Josiah was precious as a Christmas present. At one point I asked if I could take his picture and he threw his hands up in the air and said "Not right now, wait til I get my candy." Oh my word, I was practically rolling with laughter at this point. Too funny.
We did the 80s theme with Reed as Indiana Jones and Steve as a Rubicks Cube. There is also a little Indy in the background. Love that!

One of "my kiddos" who has moved from my class up to the teenage group...she is trying really hard to get out of the picture...ha.
My husband Steve's Rubicks Cube costume was a big hit. We had so much fun preparing for our theme.
Sweet little Ava as a ladybug..........she is just beautiful!!

The guys hanging out at the "Tailgate Party."

Eli and Greg as David and Goliath. Their "trunk" was awesome!!

My son Reed as Indiana Jones complete with his Dad's vintage leather "bomber jacket."

This little guy attends our church and when I asked him who he was dressed as he relplied "My Poppaw." He was so cute!!!

Loved Beaux's FrankenBaby costume......so adorable!!
Brooklyn and Leslie are simply beautiful as princesses from India. They were wearing real Sari's from India.
My friend Rita and I going back in time in our 80s gear.
Stevie and I 80s style...haha.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
If you ever have the chance to host or attend one of these events, you won't be disappointed. They are a blast!!!

No comments: